Women's Maverick Pro Sleeveless
30 Day RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY
Get Maximum Range of Motion
With a cut specifically tailored for women, the Women’s Maverick Pro Sleeveless is the perfect suit for those days when the water is too warm for a fullsuit but too cold for a swimskin. Our patent-pending RS2 technology gets the suit out of your way for side to side rotation, and the sleeveless construction leaves your upper body completely free, making this the most unencumbered wetsuit experience you can have.
The Maverick Pro Sleeveless was actually our first suit, and it shares all of the R&D of its sister, the Maverick Pro Fullsuit. It’s an easy speed machine in a sea of flotation devices, and there’s nothing like it anywhere.
Most thick, super buoyant neoprene isn't very stretchy. Slower suits also use cheap nylon jersey liners (on the inside of the suit) that further restrict range of motion. The result? You have to work harder to get the same range of motion and move the same distance in the water. Ever notice how much more your shoulders burn in a wetsuit? That's cheap neoprene or thick neoprene (or both) working against you. We fix all of that with just the right amount of the best material in world, right where you need it. We use very thin panels of Yamamoto #40 on the shoulders, chest and back of the suit - covering the dominant working muscles for the freestyle stroke. We use thicker Yamamoto #39 in the core and legs, where less stretch is required. In addition to optimizing panel construction, we use different nylon liners on the inside of the suit, adding stretch where you need it most and taking it away where you need stability.
GET THE FASTEST BODY POSITION
We engineered the buoyancy of the Maverick to work as a system that puts you in the fastest body position possible - the kind of position that would make Olympic gold medalists drool. Most top wetsuit manufacturers focus on buoyancy alone. Sure, wetsuits help lift you up, but that's not enough -- and in some cases it can really get in the way of fast swimming. To get the fastest body position, you have to remove buoyancy, mass and resistance from the places you don't want it. We remove buoyancy from the chest (you have lungs for that) and add it to the legs, creating the fastest position possible. We add mass to the center of the suit and remove it from the sides (see below). We're confident you'll feel the ROKA difference as soon as you jump in the water in a Maverick.
If you want to swim faster with less effort, then rotation matters a LOT. A fast freestyle requires effective rotation along your centerline to generate power and speed in the most propulsive phase of your stroke. The Maverick Pro leverages the principles that Sir Isaac Newton made world famous with his laws of motion. We call our application of those laws "RS2" - the ROKA Speed Stripes. It's science, and it will make you faster.
The majority of the suits on the market get this problem dead wrong. We did a LOT of trial and testing to get this right. Many suits, even the most expensive, add buoyancy to the lateral or outside parts of a wetsuit, but using basic physics, one can see that this is equivalent to adding weights to your cycling shoes and pedals. Add buoyancy to the outside of your suit inhibits the power phase of your stroke, makes it really hard for you to rotate properly, and makes you expend more energy. Our patent pending suit design adds buoyancy to the centerline and removes it from the sides of the suit, enhancing the power phase of your stroke and encouraging quick, easy rotation along your centerline. And if you overrotate when you swim, you will be able to feel that more easily in our suit. All of that translates to faster swimming with less effort.
STABILIZE THE CORE
Building an entire suit out of the stretchiest neoprene available doesn't make any sense if your goal is the fastest possible swim. Just like with shoes or bikes or anything else, you often need additional stiffness in some parts of the product to optimize performance. Our goal was to make the fastest suit possible, NOT the most expensive. Core stability is very important for fast swimming, so of course we wanted our suit to enhance it! We've added rigidity right where you want it to help keep your body aligned and connected. This translates into a more efficient, streamlined, connected freestyle - less effort, more speed.
These size charts are a guide. Once you get your suit, please try it on. We have a 30-Day Return Policy, so you're covered.
- Neoprene wetsuits will be slightly looser in the water. Even if your suit feels tight on land, it may feel right in the water.
- Neoprene can stretch a little bit more when warmed up.
- If you fit more than one size, sizing down will give you a tight fit and you should expect to take 10-12 minutes to put the suit on properly.
- The suit should feel tight, but if it constricts your breathing or restricts shoulder movement in the water, then you need to size up.
- Expect to have someone help you zip the suit up. Needing help with the zipper is a sign of a performance fit.
- Use the pads of your fingers to avoid fingernail tears.
- We use the very best neoprene in the world from the Yamamoto Corporation, which is located in Japan. Yamamoto neoprene is made from limestone and also know as "geoprene" and is more environmentally friendly than the much more commonly used petroleum-based neoprene from Taiwan and Korea. Yamamoto neoprene has a different cell structure than other forms of neoprene and is stretchier, holds shape and returns to form better, and offers an excellent insulation to weight ratio. Yamamoto makes a variety of neoprene types, and we use a few different ones (for different reasons) and in varying thicknesses, in our suits. We also use different nylon and polyester liners on the inside of the suit to balance stretch, water absorption and support.
LOW CUT NECK
- Our wetsuit uses a low cut neck to seal out water but prevent choking/constriction. We still recommend using Body Glide or TriSlide as best practice to eliminate chafing. Our neck line uses Yamamoto #40, an extra little attention to detail, to maximize stretch and comfort.
QUICK RELEASE ANKLE PANELS
- The ankle panels of our suit use a 2mm panel at the base of the leg to help you kick your heel out of the suit in T1. You might not notice a difference in a changing room with a dry suit, but when you are at speed in T1, your suit will come off very easily.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
30 Day Return & Exchange Policy
Return anything you've purchased within 30 days of receipt of the item for a full refund or exchange (excluding shipping).
Read more about returns and exchanges, here.
The Maverick Pro Sleeveless Wetsuit is a performance garment made with top-end materials that will deteriorate over time.
Here are some tips to improve its longevity:
- Rinse in cold fresh water after each use
- Hang dry thoroughly (inside out)
- Do not iron or put in a washer/dryer
- If you soil the suit somehow you can hand wash with mild soap or use our wetsuit shampoo.
The liner of the suit may discolor over time, just like a synthetic swimsuit. This should not affect the performance of the fabric.
If you need help with your wetsuit or have a question about a return or a warranty issue, please Contact Us.